Today marks the halfway point of the liquid diet stage of my weight loss program. It's a small distinction, but being on this side of the halfway point makes the light at the end of the tunnel seem a little brighter.
My last post talked about me entering the 260's. Now I can happily report that I have been in the 250's for a bit over a week. While it only took 21 days for me to go through the '60's, it seemed like a lot longer. I felt like I hit a plateau. In hindsight, losing 3.5 pounds per week for 3 weeks is great progress and a healthy, if not slightly aggressive, weight loss rate. But at the time it was very frustrating. I took my mom's advice and upped my daily water intake. She learned during her program that doing that can help you overcome a plateau. For the last two weeks I've been drinking 12 glasses of water a day. It was hard at first, but now I feel like I could drink more on most days. It's helped alot. At the rate I'm going, I'll be through the '50's in about 14 days, compared to the 21 days to get through the '60's.
This morning I hit another milestone. My current weight is 254.1 pounds. I started the liquid diet at 285.3 pounds. I've officially lost over 30 pounds (31.2)! On this exact date last year I had my highest ever (recorded) weigh in. On June 29, 2011 I weighed 292.0 pounds. In the last year I have lost 37.9 pounds!
My calorie intake is steady at 1000 per day and my water intake is steady at 12 glasses per day. Now I need to work on increasing my weekly exercise minutes and steps taken. Over the past 8 weeks my weekly steps have been between 12,000 and 22,000. My exercise minutes have been between 90 and 210 minutes. The goals sets by the program are 70,000 steps per week (10,000 per day) and 420 exercise minutes per week (60 per day). I have a long way to go to reach those goals. I'm feeling healthier, I have more energy, and all other things under my control are taken care of. Exercise is the new mountain to climb. Anyone seen my shoes?

No comments:
Post a Comment