- Post more pictures to Facebook.
- Blog consistently.
- Write thank you notes.
2. I want to blog about more than just my health related issues--weight loss and now my brain tumor. Seeing as it was nearly Halloween when I wrote my first blog post of the year, and it had been more than a year since my last blog, I would say I failed this resolution too. Hopefully I will finish the year on a strong note in this regard and keep it going into the new year.
3. Neither Amy nor I are very good about writing thank you notes. And this is something we both want to change. This was the most important resolution to me, and the one I want to work on the most. Amy's extended family is always very generous about sending Christmas gifts every year and I can't remember the last time we sent out thank you notes to them. Part of the excitement of Christmas presents with Amy's family is opening the Illinois boxes and the Michigan box that have come in the mail. We've gotten some wonderful gifts from her aunts and uncles over the years: gift cards, calendars, scarves, books, kitchen supplies, and food to name a few. Every year we make a list of the gifts we got and who sent them and we remind each other to write thank you notes. And every year around March or April we realize we forgot to write thank you notes and by then it seems an awkwardly long time away from Christmas to write a thank you note. So we resolve to write them next year. And the next. One of these years we need to actually write the thank you notes since we really like the gifts and appreciate the thought that goes into choosing them. This is the most important of these resolutions and hopefully one that will be fulfilled next year.
New Year's is only 2 months away. What are your resolutions going to be?

No comments:
Post a Comment